SCRAM (Surveillance Camera Registration & Mapping)
The Dallas Police Department Surveillance Camera Registration And Mapping program provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help officers solve local crimes with the help of exterior video surveillance cameras. With the popular use of surveillance systems in communities, video evidence has frequently helped officers develop leads and bring investigations to conclusions.
Participation in this program is voluntary.
How it Works
Using the geographic location of registered cameras, the Dallas Police officers will be able to directly contact a registrant to determine if they have helpful, recordings should a crime occur near the registered surveillance system.
To register your exterior video security system, please complete the form below and return it by email or return it in person or by standard mail.
Working with the Dallas community to deter crime and promote public safety is the foal of the program. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to follow terms and conditions:
- Registration is voluntary
- If we don't hear back from you about continuing the program within a two-week time frame during our yearly follow up, we will automatically drop you from the program.
- Registration information will be used by the Dallas Police Department only for official purposes.
- The Dallas Police Department may ask a registrant to check their recordings for a specific date and time should investigators determine the potential for video evidence in the area of the registrant's surveillance system.
- Any footage containing or relate to criminal activity may be collected by the Dallas Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances, will registrants construe they are acting as an agent of employee of the City of Dallas or Dallas Police Department.
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, please contact the Dallas Police Department as soon as possible.