Responsibilities & Services
The Planning Division prepares and maintains policy guidelines and reviews and processes various land use applications. The staff works with the Development Review Board, the Planning Commission, City Council and various subcommittees as needed.
To view recent activities and inquiries with the Planning Department, please view the Land Use Reports.
Most Recent Land Use Report I View All
Active Legislative AmendmentsLA18-02 Residential & Public Facilities
LA18-02 Public Hearing Notice
Land Use Applications
Please check with the Community Development Planning Department to obtain the necessaryforms and applications for your proposal.
[Click here for downloadable forms...]SDC Methodology
2018 SDC Methodology - Transportation
Dallas Development Code (Adopted 12/21/09)
Dallas Zoning Map
- Article 1 - General Provisions
- Article 2 - Land Use Districts
- Article 3 - Community Design Standards
- Article 4 - Administration of Land Use Development
- Article 5 - Exceptions to Code Standards
- Article 6 - Definitions and Rules of Measurement
Dallas Comprehensive Plan & Map
The City's Comprehensive Plan, serves as a policy guide for the overall development of the community, and includes the involvement of the Citizens Advisory Committee and City Council.
- Comprehensive Plan Map
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 1
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 2
- Map 5 Recreation
- Map 6 Vacant Buildable Land
- Map 7 Public Facility Water
- Map 8 Public Facility Sanitary
- Map 9 Storm
- Map 10 Public Facility Deficient Areas
Transportation System Plan (TSP)
Table of Contents
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Findings from Plan and Policy Review
- Section 3 - Existing Conditions and Deficiencies / Figures
- Section 4 - Future Transportation Conditions, Deficiencies and Needs / Figures
- Section 5 - Alternatives Analysis / Figures
- Section 6 - Access Management / Figures
- Section 7 - Modal Plans / Figures
- Section 8 - Transportation Funding and Improvement Costs
Ordinance No. 1809 TSP Revision
Do you have questions about planning? Contact the Planning Department at 503.831.3571.