Responsibilities & Services
The Planning Department prepares and maintains policy guidelines and reviews and processes various land use applications. The staff works with the Development Review Board, the Planning Commission, City Council and various subcommittees as needed.
To view recent activities and inquiries with the Planning Department, please view the Land Use Reports.
Most Recent Land Use Report I View All
Dallas Comprehensive Plan & Map
One of the main responsibilities of the department is the City's Comprehensive Plan, which serves as a policy guide for the overall development of the community, and includes the involvement of the Citizens Advisory Committee and City Council.
- Comprehensive Plan Map
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 1
- Dallas Comprehensive Plan Volume 2
- Map 5 Recreation
- Map 6 Vacant Buildable Land
- Map 7 Public Facility Water
- Map 8 Public Facility Sanitary
- Map 9 Storm
- Map 10 Public Facility Deficient Areas
Transportation System Plan (TSP)
Table of Contents
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Findings from Plan and Policy Review
- Section 3 - Existing Conditions and Deficiencies / Figures
- Section 4 - Future Transportation Conditions, Deficiencies and Needs / Figures
- Section 5 - Alternatives Analysis / Figures
- Section 6 - Access Management / Figures
- Section 7 - Modal Plans / Figures
- Section 8 - Transportation Funding and Improvement Costs
Dallas Development Code & Zoning Map (Adopted 12/21/09)
- Article 1 - General Provisions
- Article 2 - Land Use Districts
- Article 3 - Community Design Standards
- Article 4 - Administration of Land Use Development
- Article 5 - Exceptions to Code Standards
- Article 6 - Definitions and Rules of Measurement
- Dallas Zoning Map
Land Use Applications
Please check with the Community Development Planning Department to obtain the necessary
forms and applications for your proposal.
[Click here for downloadable forms...]
Do you have questions about planning? Contact the Planning Department at 503.831.3571.